After six years of eating gluten-free, a long house hunt, finally becoming a homeowner again, and recently moving, this is the perfect time to share my current list of ten favorite gluten-free foods. These foods, in random order, were essential during my recent move and most are staples that I usually have on hand. While I was packing to move, I found a list from six years ago of gluten-free products I tried and rated as good or bad. It sure was slim pickings back then compared to the plethora of gluten-free options available today!
1. Moo Goo Gai Pan at P.F. Chang’s – Is there anything better than a gluten-free meal at PF Chang’s of Egg Drop Soup, Moo Goo Gai Pan, and a Chocolate Torte Sweet Treat? I always say light on the sauce when ordering, which significantly cuts back on the sodium content.
2. NuGo Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Protein Bars – Yes, I work for the company, but this is one of several NuGo flavors that I regularly buy. REAL Dark Chocolate plus protein equals a yummy satisfying snack!
3. Blue Diamond Almonds – A perfect low glycemic snack or addition to any meal.
4. Gluten-Free Rice Krispies – As much I love these, I never eat them plain. It is a must to add fruit, granola, or mix with Nature's Path Whole O’s.
5. Udi’s Whole Grain Buns – These are a staple for quick dinners with Sunshine veggie burgers or Trader Joe’s or Jennie-O turkey burgers.
6. Amy’s frozen entrees – Sometimes you just need something quick to nuke, so Amy’s mac and cheese or veggie lasagna are our favorites.
7. Uncle Ben’s Instant Brown Rice – Combine with PictSweet Broccoli Florets, Edamame, Carrots and Celery, the best frozen veggies, for a Meatless Monday meal.
8. Snyder’s Pretzel Sticks – Their mini twists taste too salty, but the gluten-free sticks are just perfect!
9. Conte’s Cheese Ravioli – These ravioli are so yummy, it is hard to believe they are frozen in a bag, ready so quick, and lower in sodium than similar products.
10. Chobani Greek Yogurt – Pineapple, Apple Cinnamon, Pear, Banana, Blueberry – I can’t pick a favorite, so I get them all!