Apr 2, 2009

Seven Things You May Not Know About Me

I was tagged by Amy Leger at The Savy Celiac to reveal "Seven Things You May Not Know About Me". I have enjoyed reading these posts from other bloggers and I hope you will enjoy mine.

1. I have never been glutened. I just got the results of my latest blood test, which confirm I am eating gluten free. Before I was diagnosed over two years ago, I had many symptoms. I wonder how I will react if I accidentally eat gluten. I guess that is why I still dream about eating gluten and having no reaction, instead of the nightmares others report about eating gluten.
2. I have been through a lot of personal changes in the last year. I will be moving again this summer and then looking for a job later this year. I would love to find a job combining my two passions – writing and increasing celiac disease awareness.
3. I love Jif peanut butter! I put peanut butter on so many things, including Dove chocolate, Nut thins, bananas, English Muffins, and bagels. I don’t like jelly with my peanut butter. I like jelly alone, but when I eat peanut butter, I only want to taste the peanut butter.
4. My favorite TV show is “Grey’s Anatomy”. I would love to see a story about celiac disease on it!
5. I can’t stop craving eggrolls. I hope PF Chang’s will add them to their gluten free menu. I am not skilled enough in the kitchen to try to make my own.
6. I need very simple and fast gluten free dinner recipes.
7. I have a BA in psychology from the University of Maryland and I used to work in human resources.

Here are the seven people I am tagging. They are all people I follow on twitter and they follow me. I like their tweets and blogs. There are so many wonderful gluten free people on twitter. You can view my daily gluten free tweets (updates) here.

1. Amy Ratner at Gluten Free Living
2. Alison at Sure Foods Living
3. Kristen, creator of gluten free fox, at Naturally Dah'ling
4. Stephen at Gluten Freeway
5. Amy Feldman at Gluten Free Gossip
6. Stacy at Guaranteed GF
7. Heather at Celiac Family

“The rules are simple. Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post. Simply share seven facts about yourself in the post. Tag seven people at the end of your post and let them know they’ve been tagged. And have fun!”

2 comments:

celiacmama said...

That was fantastic! :) I love Jif too, it's just so much better than anything else although I used to be a devoted Kraft girl. and Grey's - oh grey's!! What did you think of last week? I can't wait for the next new one.

Anonymous said...

nuts are such the savor when you're celiac (or like me wheat-free), I don't know what I'd do without my peanut/almond butter. :)

i love your celiac group widget...a fabulous idea!