Mar 31, 2009

My Daughter's Review - Amy's Kids Meals Baked Ziti


The Amy's Kids Meals Baked Ziti was very good. It was even better than most of the school lunches I buy. I ate the entire thing, but I was still a bit hungry. I am in first grade and can eat gluten, but most of the food I eat at home is gluten free. This meal is gluten and dairy free. Mommy said it has 360 calories, 12 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein, and 460mg of sodium. Mommy tried a bite of the bread, pasta, and apple crisp and thought it was good.

The bread tasted good, except for the sun dried tomatoes on top of the bread. They were too strong for me. You can cut the top off the bread and just eat it plain. It tasted good plain too. The pasta was very good. The sauce was not too strong. They could have used more dairy free cheese on the pasta. The picture on the box is exaggerating the cheese.

The broccoli was great. The broccoli and pasta was cooked just right - it was almost perfect! The broccoli had a little bit of crunch to it. There was tomato sauce on top of the broccoli that made it taste great. The apple crisp tasted terrific. In fact, it was so good that I wanted more! My favorite food in it was the apple crisp. I can't wait to eat it again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter tried these too. She thought they were good, but she was still a little hungry. Great job on the review!

Terry Peterson said...

My 3&1/2 year old (w/celiac) will be sampling it soon thanks to your review!

Linda said...

That makes me want to try it!

Amy said...

How nice to have a kid's opinion on a food for kids. And you told all the gluten-free kids out there just what they would want to know. I think lots would like the apple crisp best! Good job.