Mar 10, 2009

Gluten Free Snacks: Cinnamon

If you are looking for some cinnamon snacks, here are some good gluten free options.

Kinnikinnick cinnamon sugar donuts - These now come in a box, instead of a bag. The texture and taste has improved greatly. Just take one out of the freezer and put it in the microwave for 25 seconds to enjoy a warm donut with a yummy cinnamon taste and aroma!

Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten Free Dreams Vanilla Graham Mini Cookies - Yes, the name is vanilla, but these taste like cinnamon teddy grahams. This is a great new product, but not the best name for it.

Jo-sef cinnamon graham crackers - These are basically cookies, not crackers. They have a good taste, but are very different from gluten graham crackers with regards to size, shape, thickness, and fat content.

Cinnamon applesauce

Cinnamon raisin bread - Whole Foods bakehouse makes a good gluten free one, although I haven’t seen it at the store lately.

Cinnamon sugar toast – Add butter and sprinkle some gluten free cinnamon sugar (I use McCormick) on your favorite gluten free bread, English muffin, or bagel.

Josef cinnamon cookies – I haven’t tried these, but they sound good.

Gluten Freeda Snicker Poodles – I haven’t tried these, but have read excellent reviews. You can read a review at the Gluten Free Post. It is only takes 20 minutes to bake this frozen cookie dough. Here is a funny quote from the directions:

Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then remove them to a rack or
directly into your mouth, pausing occasionally to breathe
.”

Cinnamon rolls recipe from Linda at the Gluten Free Homemaker

Snickerdoodles recipe from Gluten Free is Life

3 comments:

Dr. Steve Nenninger NMD - Blog said...

Who can eat those??? After all this celiac I have no metabolism . . . basically tape them to my gut :) LOL ... good info anyway, thanks.

Linda said...

It's nice to know the donuts are improved. Maybe I will try them again.

Anonymous said...

You know, I have never tried those donuts - mainly as an "I'm afraid if I buy 'em once, I'll never stop" - but one of these days I'm just going to have to try too. And your cinnamon post really got my taste buds rolling! :)