Apr 26, 2011

Review: New Rice Krispies Gluten-Free

 
Today, two complimentary pre-launch samples of the new Rice Krispies Gluten-Free cereal arrived at my door! The two 12 ounce boxes are samples not intended for sale. The front and back of the boxes are the same image and both side panels are the same nutrition facts with no information about manufacturing. For information about manufacturing and testing, read my previous blog post.

Rice Krispies Gluten-Free is made from brown rice and contains 50% of the daily value of iron. The cereal looks like original Rice Krispies, except for some brown edges on many pieces. As soon as I poured the milk, I heard a loud "Snap, Crackle, and Pop." The taste and texture of the new Rice Krispies Gluten-Free are very similar to the Rice Krispies I remember eating four years ago, but slightly different. My daughter loved them. 

I also received a recipe to make Rice Krispies treats. While I am sure they will make excellent Rice Krispies treats, I am going to savor every last bowl of Rice Krispies until they hit store shelves in June and I can buy them. The MSRP is $3.99, which is the same as original Rice Krispies.

3 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

The Kellogg's promotion team contacted me also; I am waiting for the samples to show up, and after reading your review, it sounds like they will stack up OK against other GF crispies. It is always nice having more GF options, and Rice Krispies were always welcome by me in the pre-celiac days. Looking forward to them.

Gluten Free Fort Wayne said...

I swear I can feel them crackling in my mouth just reading this- I can't wait to try them out!!

tracy said...

The BIG question is -- Will they make gluten free COCOA Krispies . . that would make my life complete