Dec 23, 2010

Two Post Cereals Labeled Gluten-Free

Another mainstream cereal giant, Post Foods, is officially entering the gluten-free market. Perhaps Post is following the excellent example from General Mills. Soon, Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles will be labeled gluten-free and have less sugar. Previously, the ingredients did not contain gluten. Read the entire press release about gluten-free Pebbles.

"Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles, rice-based cereals, will also be certified as Gluten Free, a relatively unique distinction in the cereal category. In response to increased concerns over celiac disease and products containing wheat gluten, the brand went through a rigorous process to achieve Gluten Free status on both Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles products."

As always, check the box and make sure you are buying the new gluten-free one. I hope Kellogg's is paying attention. Remove the barley malt from Rice Krispies, please!

Update - February 2011: These cereals will not be certified gluten-free. For more information, read this blog post by Jules Shepard.

5 comments:

Katie C. said...

Great to hear! I've always felt a little weird buying those two cereals since they were never labeled GF, so it's good to know now they're even certified GF. Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

My children LOVE marshmellow bars made with the Cupcake Pebbles- which don't have gluten either!

Anonymous said...

I am a Celiac, was delighted to see Post Cocoa pebbles were labeled GF....ate one bowl of fruity pebbles with almond milk, doubled over with pain. Ate one bowl of cocoa pebbles this morning with almond milk, pain! I will throw them out and go back to GF Chex......

witi said...

I have tried this already !!! The test is great !!! My kid loves it . I have bought 6 boxes to stock at home!! Thank s for post company and wish to have more GF great cereals !!

witi said...

I have tried this already !!! The test is great !!! My kid loves it . I have bought 6 boxes to stock at home!! Thank s for post company and wish to have more GF great cereals !!