Jun 26, 2009

Review: Julie's Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches



I was amazed to recently discover on Twitter that gluten free ice cream sandwiches exist and are sold at Whole Foods. The packaging is a very unique can, so it is easy not to confuse these with Julie's gluten ice cream sandwiches sold in a box. The organic vanilla ice cream is sandwiched between two thick Glutenfreeda's organic chocolate cookies.

I actually like these better than gluten ice cream sandwiches because they are thicker sandwiches and not at all messy. There is no wafer stuck to your hands when you are done eating these. The only downside is the price: approximately $5.30 for four sandwiches.

This satisfying treat contains 220 calories and 11 grams of fat. They didn't last long in my freezer. I ate them all before my daughter even had a chance to try them, so I'll update this post later with her comments.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! I must try them! Thanks, I didn't know these goodies even existed! (Yay, Twitter!)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review - there's more info on the sandwiches at Gluten Free Philly:

http://glutenfreephilly.blogspot.com/2009/06/we-all-scream-for-ice-cream-sandwiches.html

Chef Rachel said...

How do I contact you? I didn't see your email address or a contact button anywhere on your site?

I would like to send you an email.

ChefRachel@TheGardenOfEatingDiet.com
blogger: www.TheHealthyCookingCoach.com

marylandceliac said...

You can email me at kinjul@yahoo.com. You can also reach me on facebook and twitter as MarylandCeliac. My contact info is in my blogger profile (about me). Thanks!

Dana aka Gluten Free In Cleveland said...

I had no idea these existed. What great news! (or bad news. for my waist line...) Thanks!!!